Monday 23 March 2009

Diet Diary: Day One

The Journey begins...

Menu

Breakfast: Hard-boiled eggs and coffee

Lunch: None - see below

Supper: Potatoes, hake (fish) and sliced tomato; dressed in olive oil; seasoned with salt, pepper and oregano

Snacks: None - abstinence makes the heart grow fonder

Since I pretty much messed up the beginning of the week by waking up at a shockingly decadent 5pm, I ended up missing all of today's classes and bypassed one meal altogether. That was not the kind of change of routine I had in mind. As for the rest of the so-called "meals", starting out on my week of vegetarianism was not too painful, since I'm still eating eggs and fish (going vegetarian was mad enough, without having to resort to loopy vegan). The lashings of seasoning helped overcome the fear of tasteless food, too. All in all, a pretty manageable day; if I can arrange three meals, tomorrow, I might even survive the week...

4 comments:

  1. The absence of an alcohol quotient is intriguing. Pray tell how this is accounted for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about tofu? Get the firm one (yeah, we all like firm stuff, no?), stir fry it with some oil, garlic, salt/pepper, some chicken broth (can you have the broth?), and some veggies. No, I'm not vegetarian, but I'm asian and tofu is in my genes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ka-os|theory - I'm abstaining from all my decadent behaviour, at the moment, including the booze.

    Dusty - Thanks for the tip, but I won't be making it this week for two reasons: 1) I can't have broth or stock, as they contain traces of animal fat; 2) I've already compiled a meticulous menu and am sticking to it by the letter. Maybe another time, though

    ReplyDelete
  4. So umm... where's day 2 and 3. Curious mind would like to know. Hope the diet is going well!

    ReplyDelete