Saturday 28 March 2009

Diet Diary: Days Two - Six

The Journey Continues...on a shoestring

It all went wrong, three days in! I stuck to not eating meat, but the problem was I just wasn't eating! I literally starved through Tuesday and Wednesday, as I pretty much ran out of money, food and ideas. It picked up again on Thursday, when I had a Spanish omlette (eggs and potatoes, basically) for lunch and a lovely rice, tomato and olive concoction, seasoned with herbs and spices and served in lettuce leaves.

As for Friday, lunch had to be bypassed, since I only had half an hour between classes, and hadn't made anything in the morning. Supper was good old British Fish and Chips, but with a twist. I avoided my usual lashings of unhealthy ketchup, and used vinegar instead. I also had a plate of salad, made up of lettuce, tomatoes, Manchego (Spanish) cheese and olives, dressed in a homemade vinaigrette.

Most breakfasts have either been toast and/or eggs with coffee and/or fruit juice.

Saturday's menu was also sans lunch, since I got up at 5pm (I'm tired at the weekend!), and I just ate toast and eggs with a couple of glasses of apple juice. However, in keeping with the theme of healthy and simple with a touch of the extravagant, supper was another rice dish: seasoned curry-rice with lentils stuffed in baked peppers, served on a bed of salad. Mmm, who knew vegetarianism could be so filling?

5 comments:

  1. this isnt so bad. no food = weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad at all. So are we ready to go back to meat now?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement, all! Nice to know posts about my private business get more comments than those on politics, world affairs, or even Spain itself!

    Stupendous - I've lost nothing but my pride and dignity

    ka-os - If you'd seen the titties and belly big enough to carry a child I've developed, you'd wonder

    Dusty - I shall refer you to my final Diet Diary post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to know posts about my private business get more comments than those on politics, world affairs, or even Spain itself!

    Because it's blogosphere. It's all about your personal business. :) For everything else, there's CNN, BBC, and USAToday. lol.

    ReplyDelete