Wednesday 18 March 2009

It Never Ends!

M.C Escher's Relativity, far less confusing than any Spanish bureaucratic process...

Some of you may remember my earlier post about being stuck in bureaucracy hell. Well, the plot thickens. After a night of staying up against my will, and possibly witnessing a crime, I woke up late, rushed to the Interior Ministry building (the advantage of having been there so many times, now, is that I know the fastest route), realised I'd left my passport at home, and had to call my housemate out to bring it to me, before being processed and told that I would have to wait FORTY-FIVE DAYS before I'd be able to collect my ID card! Which means I won't be legal until early May! I'm moving back to the UK in July...

It would be funny if it were happening to someone else.

Jonathan Pryce in Terry Gilliam's Brazil (1985): Even the totalitarian bureaucratic nightmare vision of this film doesn't come close to what I've been through...

No comments:

Post a Comment