Thursday 16 April 2009

I Can't Get No Sleep





Pretty Much My State of Mind, at the Moment...

Insomnia, Faithles (1996)

Deep in the bosom of the gentle night
Is when I search for the light.
Pick up my pen and start to write.
I struggle, fight dark forces
In the clear moon light
Without fear.

Insomnia.

I can't get no sleep.

I used to worry,
Thought I was goin' mad in a hurry,
Gettin' stress, makin' excess mess in darkness.
No electricity, something's all over me, greasy;
Insomnia please release me and let me dream of
Makin' mad love to my girl on the heath;
Tearin' off tights with my teeth.
But there's no release, no peace.
I toss and turn without cease,
Like a curse, open my eyes and rise like yeast.
At least a couple of weeks
Since I last slept, kept takin' sleepers,
But now I keep myself pepped.
Deeper still, at night I write by candle light,
I find insight, fundamental movement.
So when it's back this insomniac take an original tack.
Keep the beast in my nature under ceaseless attack.

I gets no sleep.

I can't get no sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Love Faithless and love this tune. But be warned - persistent insomnia will leave you looking like Maxi Jazz... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I'm beyond Maxi, unfortunately. At least he can rap...

    ReplyDelete