Wednesday 20 May 2009

"I don't need to take drugs to have a good time, I only need sniff the air to feel high..."

What on earth is going on, here...?

Last week, I read a funny news story online. I told myself "I ought to put it in the blog". Then my good friend ka-os|theory went and did that for me. He then had the shameless cheek (he has two, actually) to pass it on to me. I'm not one to pick up sloppy seconds, but on this occasion I'll make an exception.

According to some government institute, here in Madrid, the slighty onimously-named Superior Council of Scientific Investigations (in spanish it sounds a lot less threatening, I assure you), Madrid's air is laced with cocaine! It explains a lot.

The Spanish are, to put it politely, an exciteable lot. It's why I like them. You can stay up until 4am, go to bed, then get up in a couple of hours, bright and early for work beginning at 8.30. For all self-destructive hedonists, Madrid is something of a Mecca. If I were to tell you some of my post-midnight stories...

Anyway, have a look at the article for yourself. Of course, it's a load of old guff; but fun guff, nonetheless. And, for the sheer nonsensical fun of it, here's Whigfield with her opening lyrics "Saturday night, I feel the air is getting hot." Say it all, really...


3 comments:

  1. I think we should all like to hear your post-midnight stories. It could be a spin-off blog: Sanya in España: After Hours.

    And as for the "Superior Council of Scientific Investigations" - priceless! (Does that mean there's an inferior council full of incompetents running around dropping test tubes?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with ka-os. Do tell us your post-midnight stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post-midnight stories are out of bounds. All either of you need to know is that chocolate and/or sex are usually involved...

    ReplyDelete